Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Elijah, God's Mighty Prophet

Elijah, God's Mighty Prophet by David Miles is part of the Adventure Bible I Can Read collection and is a Step 2 book. That means that the child can read the book, with help. It is designed to be a high-interest story for developing readers. And I totally agree. It is very easy to read and understand. Although my children are not at that reading level, it was a great story to read to them. I didn't have to change any of the words as I read it to them for them to understand (4 years old and under). 

The story tells of two accounts of the Prophet Elijah. The first being the drought brought on to the Israelites during King Ahab's reign and how God provided for Elijah through the woman and her son. And the second account is of the challenge Elijah declared against the god Baal and between God, to set the altar on fire. 

My boys really enjoyed this book. We have read it many times already. The images are really nice and simple, just as the text. With 30 pages or so, it's a great anytime story time book. I would recommend this book to all families wanting to dig deeper in the lives of the prophets. 


No comments:

Post a Comment