Friday, October 03, 2014

The NIV Once-A-Day Bible for Women

The NIV Once-A-Day Bible for Women published by Zondervan is the the latest book I have gotten to review. I really enjoyed this Bible. It's split up so that all you have to do is read the daily readings that are pre-selected and grouped together and if you do so, you will read through the Bible in a year. If you fall behind, it's easy to catch up to the day you are supposed to be at or you can always read ahead a few days either way. What I liked a lot about this One Year Bible is that it's numbered days not dated so you can feel free to start any day of the year on day 1. You don't have to wait until January first or try and remember what day of the year you started on. It also has daily devotions that reflect the readings of that day, that are very enjoyable. And of course, it's pretty and pink and flowery :) It is soft cover so it bends and tears a little easier so it is for sure to keep out of toddler's reach...not that all toddlers are destructive or anything like that.

Last year, I succeeded my personal Bible reading challenge, I read it all within 8 months! My goal was 6 months but I feel behind somewhere in Isaiah or possibly Job. Anyways, I read it in my study Bible but I think it would of been much easier to read through and definitely more disciplined to do so with this new one I now have. I remember many nights of cramming a chapter in and with this Bible, there would be none of that! I also really enjoy the fact that it is geared towards women. It's the first Bible I have that is geared towards a specific gender. So I appreciate the little details and color and wording of the devotionals, it's nicely done.


Over all, this Bible would be a great gift for any lady wanting to further her relationship with Jesus or that is ready for a new reading challenge, this would be the ultimate gift ! Enjoy, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment