Tuesday, December 01, 2015

The NIrV Beginner’s Bible Devotional Pack

I received the  NIrV Beginner’s Bible Devotional Pack, published by Zondervan, and I really like it. I don't own or haven't looked at many children's devotionals or Bibles. This one, I like. The devotional has a nice flow to it and has a nice layout. Bright colored illustrations and different texts make the pages fun to look at. Your eyes wander to all the different sections and they are all attracting. It's nice and simple: a verse, a thought, text and a prayer and an illustration. I look forwards to going through the whole thing with my boys. They are excited to check it out, but they will have to wait until Christmas to get a good look!


As for the Bible, it has the same style of illustrations as the devotional. They are made to go together! The text is a nice size (12-point) and is very easy to read and understand. It is NIrV, New International reader's Version. It is especially translated to be easy to understand for new readers and new Christians. As I mentioned before, I was a little nervous about this edition, but now that I have gotten to know it better, I kinda like it! Maybe not as much as my NCV but I still like it! The Bible also has a dictionary and a reading plan. It also does an intro to each book, explaining who wrote the book and an outline of what is written in it. I am sure my boys will grow to really enjoy it, that is my hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment