Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Indivisible by Travis Thrasher

Indivisible by Travis Thrasher is the novelization of the motion picture by David G Evans. It also includes a forward by Darren and Heather Turner, as well as discussion questions and a personal message from the producers of the movie.

Indivisible, one marriage, one family, under God. It is the story of Darren and Heather Turner, as Darren joins the military and becomes a chaplain. We go through his first appointment with him and his family. Heather is home with their three children, she is involved with many organizations with other military wives as well as homeschooling the children. We see them go through pre deployment readiness, an 18 month deployment to Iraq and post-deployment struggles and reintegration. It is quite real and Vivid and very well written.

This book was quite real for me, as my husband is currently in the military and in the process of studying for his bachelor's of Theology and pastoral Ministry in order to become a chaplain himself. We currently have three children and are expecting our fourth, which I homeschool as well. And to make it even more real, two of our children share names with the Turner's children's! This story could be ours in a few years. I really enjoyed reading it, I did shed many tears as I got through the chapters, which could be attributed to my pregnancy hormones, but none the less, it is a very touching story. To see the struggles on both sides of a deployment it's something that's not commonly talked about. And to weave in faith and trust in God throughout the whole story was just fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and look forward very much to seeing the movie adaptation.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone joining the military and foreseeing and deployment, especially if joining chaplaincy. It was a real eye-opener. I did receive this copy of this book for free, from booklook blockers, and exchange for my true and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment