Saturday, November 29, 2014

52 Little Lessons from Les Miserables by Bob Welch

52 Little Lessons from Les Misérables by Bob Welch is a nice little book that is greatly thought out. Divided into 52 life lessons, 1 for each week of the year, it showcases biblical thoughts and principals  all while relating to Victor Hugo's masterpiece. It is nicely written and easy to follow, even for someone who hasn't read the book or seen the movie (movies/theatrical adaptations). Since I haven't done so myself, I thought I would be totally clueless when it came to understanding this book, but no. The story is well explained and easy to relate too, especially when you add in all the examples and biblical references, I was able to put all the pieces together. All in all, it is well written and an easy read that you can learn much from. The lessons are well explained and not over complicated. From Context to needing each other, love and trusting others, following your conscience and understanding that God hears our pleas for help, the topics are widespread and enticing. Bob Welche's perspective is spot on.

I received this book to review, with the intention of gifting it to my sister-in-law, since she enjoyed the movie and is most likely to read Hugo's work. And I will be getting her opinion about the 52 Little Lessons from Les Misérables, after Christmas to add to this review, from the perspective of someone who has more knowledge of the story.


1 comment:

  1. I have not read the book but have seen sections on cruise ships and watched the movie.

    ReplyDelete